Skills Training College PTY LTD (ABN:86 636 959 512) is an Australian Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 45654 ).
RTO’s must comply with the following data provision requirements or any equivalent document prepared by a relevant ministerial council and in compliance with:
- Australian Privacy Laws, including the Privacy Act 1988 and the
- Australian Privacy Principles (APPs),
- Section 8 of the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator
- clause 7.5 of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- condition 6 of the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) Essential Conditions and Standards for Continuing Registration
Skills Training College is committed to ensuring the privacy and security of your personal information.
Information We Collect
We collect and process personal information in accordance with the above data provision requirements. The types of information we collect include:
- Personal Identification Information: This encompasses your name, date of birth, contact details, and identification documents (e.g., passport, driver’s license, or ID card).
- Enrolment Information: We collect information about your course selections, payment details, and any other relevant data related to your enrolment.
- Academic and Progress Information: Data related to your academic progress, attendance, assessments, and results is collected while you are a student with us.
- Communications: Records of communications with you, such as emails and messages exchanged through our online learning platform, are retained.
- JSA Information: If you enrol through a Job Service Provider (JSA), we may share information about your progress, attendance, and completion status with the JSA to support job placement and career development.
- Collecting unique student identifier (USI) information is a critical process for a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). A USI is a unique reference number that allows for accurate and efficient tracking of a student’s educational and training achievements. This information ensures that RTOs can maintain comprehensive and up-to-date records of each student’s progress and qualifications, facilitating compliance with regulatory requirements and providing students with a seamless educational experience.
We may also collect personal information from you when you use and access our websites (including, but not limited to, any information contained in an online enquiry, device type and ID, IP address, pages you visited, time and date of visit and geo-location information).
How do we collect and hold personal information
- You Directly (including through our websites, social media pages, enrolment forms, when you interact with our team e.g. you call our support centre)
- Someone with responsibility for you (such as a parent, carer or guardian)
- Job Service Providers
Your use of our website
Every time you use our website/s, information may be collected by us or on our behalf via services such as Google Analytics. Types of information collected may include:
- the date and time of your visit to our website and online software;
- your IP address;
- the address of the documents you access;
- the type of browser and operating system you are using; and
- any address of a recurring site and any other website you are about to visit.
The information that may be collected provides us with details about how the website is being used including the frequency and duration of visits, and which web pages you have accessed on the website.
We may provide third parties with aggregate statistics about our visitors, traffic patterns and related site information. This data reflects site usage and does not contain identifying information.
Generally, this information will not identify you and we do not link it back to your identity or other information that you have provided to us. If you would prefer not to receive cookies, you can alter your security settings on your web browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, this may mean you may not be able to take advantage of all features of the websites.
Use of Personal Information
We collect, use disclose and handle your personal information, as permitted under Australian Privacy Laws including:
- Enrolment and Administration: To manage your enrolment, provide educational services, and maintain academic records.
- Marketing & Communications: To keep you informed about your courses, important business or education updates, certificate expiration reminders, and with your consent marketing communications (including but not limited to SMS or email) about products and services provided by us.
- JSA Partnership: When you enrol through a Job Service Provider (JSA), we may share information about your progress, attendance, and completion status to assist with job placement and career development.
- AVETMISS Data Reporting: We collect and share data necessary for AVETMISS data reporting as required by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER). This includes demographic information, course details, and academic progress.
- Sharing Information with PRISMS: For international students, we may share relevant information with the Provider Registration and International Student Management System (PRISMS) as required by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
- Research and Reporting: To compile statistics and reports for educational research and regulatory compliance, ensuring the quality of our services.
- Legal Obligations: To comply with legal obligations and respond to lawful requests for information from authorities.
Certificate Expiration Communication
Students who enrol in our courses will receive direct communication from us (via SMS and/or email) as their certificate expiration date approaches. This communication is essential for maintaining compliance and ensuring that you have the opportunity to renew your qualifications as needed.
Sharing Information with Job Service Providers (JSA)
If you enrol through a Job Service Provider (JSA), we may share information about your progress, attendance, and completion status with the JSA to assist with job placement and career development.
Security and Data Retention
We employ robust security measures to protect your personal information and retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy or as required by applicable laws and regulations.
As a student, you have rights concerning your personal information, including:
- Access: You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- Correction: You can request corrections to inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Deletion: In certain circumstances, you may request the deletion of your personal information.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we rely on your consent for data processing, you can withdraw it at any time.
- Objection: You can object to the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.