Looking for a first aid course delivered by experienced professionals for a great price? National Training College is the answer, with same-day certificates and friendly expert trainers. What’s more, you can find us all over Australia and even invite us to your workplace.
The nationally recognised certificate course HLTAID011-Provide first aid course supersedes HLTAID003- Provide First Aid. This popular first aid course also goes by the names Apply First Aid, Senior First Aid or Level 2 First Aid.
It’s the government-approved course that only a registered training organisation (RTO) like National Training College can provide.
The new HLTAID011 Provide First Aid is an accredited first aid course for work purposes. That’s because it covers all the essential first aid you need in a workplace. If you require formal first aid certification for work, this is the course.
The Provide First Aid Course is made up of these units of the HLT training package:
What is HLTAID011 Provide First Aid?
- The HLTAID011 Provide First Aid Course is the current nationally recognised certificate course. It’s a first aid qualification that is valid for 3 years, although the CPR unit has to be renewed annually. Because it’s nationally recognised training, you need a unique student identifier (USI) to enrol. You can easily get a USI with a drivers licence or Medicare number from this site. The CPR training is based on the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
What’s involved in the Provide First Aid Course?
The HLTAID011 Provide First Aid course teaches basic emergency life support and how to perform CPR. In addition to this, there is basic first aid training for a range of things such as fractures, snakebites and burns.
The official course guide says that you must complete or understand the following tasks:
- Put someone who is unconscious but breathing in the right position to keep the airway clear
- Do 2 minutes of CPR on an adult manikin
- Deliver at least one shock with a defibrillator
- Help perform CPR with minimal pauses
- Respond appropriately in the event of vomiting
- Do CPR on an infant manikin for 2 minutes
- Know how to manage these conditions: choking, asthma, non-life threatening bleeding, nosebleed, anaphylaxis, shock, dislocations, fractures, sprains and strains.
- Use pressure immobilisation bandaging for snakebite
- Minor wound cleaning and dressing
- Using personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Provide appropriate first aid treatment
- Effectively communicate details of an incident to emergency services
- Provide an accurate written incident report
What are the Provide first aid training entry requirements?
You only need to be at least 14 years old, although if you are under 18, you will have to provide permission from a parent or guardian.
Because part of the first aid training involves preparing an incident report and answering a number of written questions, you must have a basic level of literacy.
National Training College is a CRICOS provider, so international students can enrol to do this first aid training with us. However, international students must check with the Department of Home Affairs to see if they have the appropriate visa. Furthermore, you must be actively enrolled in another principal course with a CRICOS institution. The English language skills for studying in Australia apply to this first aid course.
Since it is a requirement of the course that you kneel on the floor and compress the chest of a manikin for 2 minutes, you have to be physically capable of doing this.
What are the resources
National Training College provides the following resources for your course:
- Learner Guide (for pre-reading)
- online learning portal access
- Practical assessment workbook and knowledge assessment online
- Incident report templates
- Simulation scenarios/Case studies
To complete your first aid course you will need:
- Vasto online learning platform
- Good internet access (at least 5mbps)
- Google Chrome
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- PowerPoint, MS Word and Excel, or equivalent
What are the Provide first aid course fees?
The Provide First Aid NTC Certification Course is available for only $99.
Please see Fees and Refunds Policy for more information.
What are the Course Pathways?
Learners may also consider additional training to complement their skills with the following units:
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in a remote or isolated site*
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid*
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy*
- HLTAID016 Manage first aid services and resources*
*These units are not offered by National Training College.